Abby and Sunny have not-so-quietly found a way to coexist.
The night we brought Sunny home she ended up in Abby's mouth. They will frequently go into separate corners of the house and try to ignore one another but eventually curiosity will bring them back together. Sometimes they are fine. Other times Sunny in Ben's words 'gives it to Abby in the FACE!' and then we catch Abby trying to carry Sunny by her scruff.
There is a clear power struggle.
Brannon and I have a tendency to take sides. I'll be yelling at the dog for being 'crazy' and he'll be accusing the kitten of being the aggressor.
As if....
She is a total angel.....Except when she's not.
______________________________________________________
______________________________________________________
Sunny and Abby are both fighting to establish a space in their new environment. Not unlike the rest of our family. Sometimes we are fine. Other times we are a mess. And every once in a while we go to our corners and hide.
And that's okay.
Because right now, nothing feels 'normal' and nothing feels routine. We are getting back into the swing of things but a fundamental element has changed within each of us and our family as a whole.
I can't put words to the shift that has happened but I do have faith that the shift will lead to positive changes and blossom into a fuller and more meaningful life for our family.
"Perhaps strength doesn't reside in having never been broken....but the courage required to grow strong in the broken places" -Anonymous
We will grow. We will learn. We will be stronger because of it.
Heather, this is Denise (Temple's friend). I've been asking about you and praying for you. Now I'm regularly reading your beautiful blog (hope that's okay). You are a very talented writer. I think it's because you are so honest and relatable. I tear up with each post - I can so clearly hear your pain. I think this season of great loss and sadness will indeed bear good fruit. I trust God to do just that. Thanks for letting me keep up with you all. I am praying!! Jesus tells us '"Blessed are they who mourn for they shall be comforted.". I'm praying for great comfort for you all!!
ReplyDeleteDenise - thank you so much for the incredibly kind message.
ReplyDelete