Monday, August 8, 2011

Southern Comfort

We went up to Virginia over the weekend to visit family.   The drive is just long enough to start to get old when the mountains begin to appear on the horizon.....and then its not far....up over the crest of Afton mountain and down into the Shenandoah Valley never fails to make me smile and feel like a kid on a camping trip.   And I know it won't be long once we get into the valley until we are snuggled into old worn blankets visiting with grandparents and great grandparents, aunts and uncles and a whole lot of cousins. 


We swam in the pool.   Swung on the swings.   And raced some tractors.  


 Daddy and Austin vs. Mommy and Benji 


Tractor races are terrifying but luckily I had a brave 3-and-a-half-year-old in my lap who grabbed the gears and shifted us into full speed while screaming 'come on Mom, lets do this!'.  Austin did not fuss or cry - he was generally unimpressed.



Typical thunder-thighs. 

__________________________________________________________________

We got to party with one of our favorite people.   You may remember me mentioning Nana....well her other half is pretty amazing too....we celebrated his birthday over the weekend. 


We love our Paw Paw


He is kind of a big deal........


But to us he is just our Paw Paw.  The most kind and humble man I've ever met.  He is full of love for life and family. 


Both Brannon and I admire him so much we named Austin after him.  

Philip Austin

People have asked me, why we put Philip first....its because this man is that important to us.  I want my son to know where he came from.  That he is a part of a family that believes in hard work and the beauty of their dreams.

I want him to know that anything is possible.

Anything.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment