Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Making a Memory

Coming home from swim lessons and a victorious family dinner out afterwards at a place of Ben's choosing - Whole Foods....it was clear some kind of celebration was taking place at our park.  Before I could make the turn into our subdivision screeches filled our van 'FIRETRUCK!!  POLICE MAN!!'  I was trapped and  flying solo with both boys and a car full of fresh produce, meat and other lovely overpriced perishable goods.


The responsible part of me wanted to go home and put the groceries away but the kid in me saw there was a giant Velcro wall, two bounce houses and a police man on segway....it was a chance to make a memory.  And I took it.

 Carpe Diem Baby

Ben wanted a piece of the giant Velcro wall/bounce house action.  He put on a Velcro suit, ran as fast as he could and catapulted onto the wall.  I'm sure we were a sight - me trying to balance Austin on one hip while standing in a moon bounce and peeling Ben off a Velcro wall with my free hand but it was priceless. 


Tonight before bed when we told our favorite parts of our day - Ben said 'when you were awesome Mom and got me unstuck from that stucky wall'.   And that my friends was a beautiful moment in Motherhood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment