I grew up on a very special court. Teal Lane is more than a street. It is a family. My childhood was filled with Teal Lane traditions. Block parties and climbing the lamp post. Moon bounces and pig roasts. Horse shoe and the dirt pile. Big wheels and Barbie cars. Little and big Amy and Erins. Street hockey and custom made t-shirts. We have shared countless celebrations; birthdays, graduations, weddings and births and have steadily supported one another through times of grief.

I love these people.
So when Brannon and I set out to buy our first home, I kind of had great expectations. I wanted a piece of Teal Lane for my kids. I wanted them to catch fireflies with their friends until they couldn't keep their eyes open and ride big wheels as fast as their legs would let them. And guess what?
I found my own little slice - its not Teal its more Carolina Blue......
While our street is not Teal Lane because Teal mania is a once-in-a-lifetime kind of thing, its our own version and its quite fabulous
And we are making our own traditions.
__________________________________________________________
On a side note. Austin has gone from finding his feet to finding his 'kick stands'
Sitting up like a big boy. He wants in on this court thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment