Thursday, March 3, 2011

Camping out

My brother and sister left on Friday for Cambodia. They are both going over to volunteer for a few months. I've had mixed feelings about their trip for a long time. But after watching this video on the project Amy will be working with, I am feeling more excitement and less apprehension.

"A Brighter Picture" Cambodian Children´s Painting Project from jake westwood on Vimeo.




I'm so proud of both of them. Amy and Matt - you guys are rockstars.

Ben is obsessed with Cambodia now, he wants to go too. I told him he had to be 20 to go his response was, 'but Mom, I just already am 3. I have to go now because Cambodia is awesome' - maybe when he is 10, we will see.....

I let Ben watch a little bit of the video with me. His response was beautiful.
'Mommy, those kids they don't have a playroom or an attic or any toys - we have to go to the store and get them some and then fly over and surprise them'
______________________________________________________________________

Austin has RSV. Coughing and congestion has replaced our usual squeals and giggles. He has had a lot of trouble breathing. Its been a rough week but he is starting to turn a corner....



For now we are camping out at the house waiting for Austin to get better.




We made biscuits this morning and decided to add some food coloring for good measure. Food coloring makes everything more exciting. Festive biscuits plus Nana's homemade jam = one yummy breakfast.





We will spend the next few days doing arts and crafts and working on our letters.




Doing tummy time and rocking it out in the bouncy chair.




Hanging out in our pajamas and making each other laugh.




After a particularly nasty coughing fit this morning Ben held his hand out to Austin and said, 'its ok brother, I'm right here'



I love having two.

Feeling very blessed.

3 comments:

  1. Love this blog!!! Hope Austin is feeling better. My friend at work and his wife just had a baby girl three weeks ago and she got RSV. No fun. So proud of Matt and Amy, very admirable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Meagan :) RSV is no good for infants, 3 weeks old that would be scary! How is your pregnancy going?

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are getting to be QUITE the photographer

    ReplyDelete