Monday, November 15, 2010

Conversations with a Toddler

As Ben has gone through age 2, his language has exploded as well as his personality. His ability to be sassy and smart with Brannon and I never ceases to amaze me. Here are a few of the conversations we have had over the past few days:

While in the car Brannon and I were discussing some issues and I stopped and said "I don't think we should tell Ben that, he is only two."
From the backseat I hear Ben "Mommy, I am not two, I am two and a half"
I apologized for the oversight "Ok Benji, you are right, you are two and a half"
And then he responds "actually Mommy, I am starting to be three"

I was testing Ben to see if he knew Brannon and my real names.
Me: Benji, what is Daddy's other name?
Ben: Balsley
Me: Well, thats right. But what does Mommy call him sometimes?
Ben: (mimicking me, yelling) Brannon!
Me: That is right! And what does Daddy call Mommy sometimes?
Ben: Yes.
Me: Yes?
Ben: Thats what Daddy calls at you, he calls yes.

I asked Ben to get Abby in from the backyard. Its one of his jobs. He goes out back and I can hear him yelling 'Abby, come on girl' (silence) 'Abby, come!' (silence...Stomping foot) 'Abby, I are SERIOUS!' He comes stomping into the living room and says to me, 'Mom, Abby making me very flush-lated'

No comments:

Post a Comment