Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Achy Breaky Heart

I had my first mother-of-two heart break today. Since I've had Austin, Brannon has been dropping Ben off at daycare and I have been picking him up. Today as the time to get Ben approached Austin's stomach was upset and he needed to nurse. I called Brannon and asked him to swing by and get Ben since I was going to be busy with nursing for a while.

When Ben walked in our door, he just looked at me and said "Mommy, I waited for you for a long time and you never came" - A little piece of my heart broke off with that comment. I tried to explain that Austin had needed me but he just stared at me....this was a new kind of ache I haven't experienced before.

After dinner we climbed on the couch to snuggle for a bit before bath and Ben climbs up on my lap and pats me on the back and says "Its ok Mommy, you can get me tomorrow" and then gave me a hug. Goodness gracious I love that little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment