Three months ago while visiting my parents, my Dad (Papa) came downstairs in a suit and tie and announced he was headed to Capitol Hill for work. Ben wanted to go but wasn't allowed. As a peace offering, Papa gave Ben a book on Capitol Hill. Ben sleeps with this book next to his bed. He asks at least once a day, when can I go to Capitol Hill?
It took a few months and a lot of begging but this week we finally went.
He got a new blazer just for the occasion.
Papa is a member of the press. His press pass got us special 'Escorts on Official Business' passes that allowed us access to extra special in Ben's words 'secret Capitol passage ways'.
I had never been to the Capitol building before - the Rotunda was amazing.
A memory I will not soon forget.
We got to sit in on the Senate chambers and made it over to the House side too. The best part of the trip by far was the underground trolley ride that took us to various champers of the Capitol.
We had a fantastic visit.
I asked Ben if the trip was everything he had hoped for, he responded "Mom, it was just like in my dreams but even better because they had a train and I got to eat Pizza"
I told him if he worked very hard in school....maybe someday he could work at Capitol Hill too. He told me, 'Yeah Mom, after I finish Ninja college'
Capitol Hill Ninja
Dream big buddy.
No comments:
Post a Comment