Wednesday, April 4, 2012

All sorts of sick

Austin is sick.


He is the lucky recipient of a germ cocktail.  Strep throat coupled with Hand, Foot and Mouth topped off with a yeast infection.


We are spending a lot of time curled up on the couch watching Netflix.

B and I have been trading off being 'on-call' at night.   He is too sick to sleep alone - he just wants to be held.  He will start off cuddled up in my arm, running his hands through my hair whimpering 'mama, my mama' - could you resist that?


But as the night progresses my hair slowly becomes a giant knot and he intermittently pulls chunks of hair out of my head.  Feet end up in faces.  He randomly wakes up shouting progressively irrational demands, its starts with 'Baba' then moves to 'book' and then something along the lines of 'outside, basketball, bike!!!'

Its 2am buddy.  I'm going to go ahead and say that is not happening.

Insert cute picture to remind me that this too shall pass.....

Yesterday there were a lot of wardrobe changes and baths.  Strep is not fun.  But on the positive side, Ben has not caught it yet!  And I learned a very valuable less yesterday, if your child gets a strep culture done - there is good chance they will throw up all over you.  Note to self: pack a change of clothes to next doctor's appointment.  

Ben came with us to Austin's doctor appointment.   After Austin got sick all over me - I headed to the restroom to clean myself up with both kids in tow.  As you can imagine Austin was not in a good mood so I've got him on one hip completely freaking out, cleaning up my dress and arms with the other hand and I look back and Ben is trying to do a handstand on the bathroom floor.

I think being in a public restroom with small children should be an Olympic sport.  After I got myself cleaned up - I balanced Ben on one knee while I had him scrub every square inch of his hands and arms while holding Austin who was bucking with the other hand.

You can guess where we headed directly after the pediatricians.


This too shall pass.


Looking forward to getting my happy baby back.

No comments:

Post a Comment