Sunday, October 2, 2011

Trip to the Zoo

Good question.
Hopscotch - check. 
Today I was planning on being responsible.  Do laundry, clean the house, and go to the gym.  

But Austin was up every two hours last night.  Our family played a game of musical beds last night - swapping beds and crying children - tripping over the dog in the process.   I woke this morning sandwiched between both boys.   Austin's foot in my face and Ben's hands tangled in my hair. 

Other than being exhausted our morning routine was a complete disaster.  We needed a change of scenery so I poured a really big cup-o-coffee and did the only reasonable thing....went to the zoo.



This place always delivers.


Ben spotted a lizard - see it in the upper right corner?  


I see so much of my brother in Ben.
I had to peel him away from the reptile exhibit.


Little brother loved it too.

Austin signed 'dog' for every animal he saw.  Little bit of over generalization and but precious to watch.




Walking is his preferred mode of transportation these days.

My favorite part was the cougar. 


A little girl standing next to Ben was saying that she loved kitty cats and wanted to go in and see the kitty.

Ben kept looking at her like she was nuts and finally responded....


I like that he added grass too.....you know, to soften the blow.

The three of us had a great time and Ben announced as we drove home that he plans on going again with Daddy tomorrow.


Thank you NC Zoo.  We will be back, probably not tomorrow, but soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment