Saturday, October 29, 2011

Austin Turns One

A year has passed since this sweet boy slipped into our lives.

October 22, 2010
October 22, 2011

Austin - you have stolen our hearts and overwhelmed our family with love.


Exactly one year later.

My life is more full.   My heart is happier.  And my house is way dirtier.


Today we celebrated Austin.  His birthday party was a labor of love.   I got to exercise my crafty-side which I had forgotten how much I enjoy.  I stayed up into the wee hours of the morning the past week with my trusty hot glue gun at my side.

The theme was the Very Hungry Caterpillar. 


Austin - our very hungry caterpillar.   Weighing in at 22 lbs 10ozs on his 1st birthday.


Yes, those are paper lanterns hanging from fishing wire from our vaulted ceiling.   Thank you to my very tall and brave husband for using an 8-foot latter to hang our caterpillar.

 
Did I mention that I got a bit out of control?



Totally worth it.

Ben was such a good sport.  
He helped with the decor and was very proud of his caterpillar party hat.

We got to hang out with some fabulous friends and family.  Including our newest love, little Miss Hailey.
 I love this baby.

And my in-laws who made the trek down from Virginia to celebrate!


Thank you to everyone who helped us arrive successfully and happily at one.   We are more thankful than we will ever be able to express.  


Happy First Birthday Philip Austin.   


You are so loved.   

xoxo, 
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment