Monday, May 7, 2012

Cast off


Today we went to a new orthopedist to establish care.   Our pediatrician recommended Triangle Orthopedics.  The entire staff was friendly, timely and extremely helpful.   I fully expected Austin to be recasted today because he had broken part of the cast but they decided to take xrays and see how he was healing and guess what?


It is over.  His arm has healed.  He is a free man.

I have missed bath time.   It felt so good to fill up the tub with bubbles and let him play.  He was also starting to smell really bad so finally getting a chance to scrub that arm clean was nice too....


I found myself staring at him today in awe of how quickly and efficiently his body healed itself.  Twenty days, that's all it took.  As one of my friends put it, 'of course he got it off early, he is a Balsley - born overachiever'
__________________________________________________________________

Here is a medley of video we have taken from the doctor appointments over the past few weeks.  We survived.  Now I hope that means tonight we will finally get to sleep!



No comments:

Post a Comment