Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Welcome to the Danger Zone




Austin won't stop growing. 

I keep try to convince him to stay a baby forever.  To stay snuggled into my arms for the rest of his life. But this child, he has a mind of is own.


He has his eye on this kid.....wants to be just like him.....




He isn't crawling yet but he is 'creeping' - carefully orchestrated series of rolls, wiggles and lunges that get him from Point A to approximately Point B or a completely unplanned Point C.  Tonight he ended up at Point C.



I was getting the bath ready and had set him down on the floor....I came back with some towels to find him sitting upright in front a set of drawers.  His head was almost tilted as he contemplated the shiny silver handle.  I stood back watching him from the doorway, thinking, this will be cute he'll probably smack the handle, maybe try to bite it.....and just as these thoughts crossed my mind he reached out grasped the handle and pulled the drawer open like he had done it a hundred times.

I stood there slack-jawed and within two seconds he had smashed the drawer shut on his fingers.  

The time of leaving him alone for a few minutes while I run to get something....its over.  Childproofing will start in full force tomorrow.  I had a good seven months.


Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment