I have not been as good about posting lately, I apologize. I am back at work now and life has gotten busier.
There has been a shift in our household. Not a bad shift, just a change in the rhythm. I am still trying to strike the right balance. We are getting there.
There has been a shift in our household. Not a bad shift, just a change in the rhythm. I am still trying to strike the right balance. We are getting there.
On the days when I am home, I try soak up the boys as much as possible to hold me over for the time I am away.
Don't get me wrong, work is good. I love my profession and work with an amazing group of women. But who wouldn't miss those eyes?
Don't get me wrong, work is good. I love my profession and work with an amazing group of women. But who wouldn't miss those eyes?
We have a stricter schedule now which is better for all parties involved. My favorite part of the day hands down is bath time.
The splashing. The squealing. The smiles. Austin is big enough now to really participate.
Bath time is special. Its their time. And while they are playing you can find Brannon and I grinning ear to ear on the other side of the tub. This is the good stuff.
Austin is getting close to crawling. Brother is thinking about it and in response I am completely ignoring his advances, hoping if I plug my ears and look away my baby will stop growing up and be non-mobile for a little while longer. I know once he starts to crawl I will have my hands full.
Trouble.
Speaking of trouble - don't cross this one.
| Benji the Cop - I love that he put this 'costume' together on his own. |
Last night I turned the radio off and heard, ‘Oh man, Mom!; That was my beat!’
Ben fascinates me. He is bossy and opinionated and at the same time sweet and incredibly caring. When I am sick he brings me flowers and when Austin is trying to crawl he gets down on his belly with him and says ‘I’m right here brother, you can do it!’. I am so proud of the person he is growing into.
Our pediatrician asked Ben at his last check up what he wanted to be when he grows up. His response: a hockey player for the Washington Redskins.
Dream big buddy.
As I am adjusting to the addition of going back to work, I will try not to neglect this blog because I really do enjoy writing and sharing photos of the boys. Its just another ball in my juggling act and every once in a while you drop a few.
You're an inspiration, Heather. One day I hope to be in the same boat with you again, and learning to juggle quite the way you do. Keep up the great work, girl!
ReplyDeleteSteph I just saw this post - thank you!! So sweet!
ReplyDelete