Its been a good week. Brannon started his classes for his MBA. I am so proud of him. A light has turned on in him that I haven't seen in a long time. He has a skip in his step and he is excited to be learning again. When Ben does the 'Wolfpack' sign Brannon can't help but grin ear to ear. He is proud of himself and the example he is setting for our boys. I feel so fortunate to be married to such a wonderful man.
As my sister has dubbed him 'Aus the Haus' - Austin has grown even more this week, shocking I know. We had a doctors appointment this week and he has crossed the 15lb mark. Coming in at 15lbs 1oz and 25.25 inches - he is officially over the weight limit for his swing and the bassinet. And has edged up to the 95 percentile for weight and length.... What blew my mind the most was today - I bought size 3 diapers and they FIT him. He is wearing size 3 diapers at 2 months! Aside from his very impressive growth - Austin is an incredibly sweet natured and easy going baby. I call him my Budda Baby. If he is nursed he is happy. He will just sit with me and giggle for hours. I am totally in love with this child.
And then there is my Benji. He seems like such a grown up little kid. Year 3 is already proving to be more challenging than year 2. Ben is bigger and sassier than ever. He is usually pretty good but when I am nursing Austin he suddenly wants to snuggle right then at that very moment. Since I don't have any free arms because I'm trying to cradle a giant baby, Ben's new favorite way to 'snuggle' me is to climb up across my shoulders and make a nest out of my hair. I know he is just reacting to having a sibling so I try and take it easy on him. But yesterday a switch flipped and he realized that I have difficulty walking around while nursing which translates to free run of the house. I caught him in the kitchen sitting on the counter with his mouth full of jellybeans and his pockets stuffed full of candy. He told me the ones in his pockets were for sharing with his friends.... So I threw out all the leftover candy from Christmas. Then later last night I finished nursing Austin and go into the playroom to find Ben minus all his clothes. He had poured his cup of water down inside his shirt and pants to 'see what happened'. The carpet was soaked and so were his clothes. As I mopped up the carpet to the tune of Ben screaming in time out, I kept reminding myself - this too shall pass, this too shall pass. And this evening I got the glimmer of hope that I needed. We went to Bob Evans for a breakfast dinner, always a crowd pleaser, when our waiter handed Ben his drink he said (with no prompting) "Thank you, sir". I was bursting with pride. He sometimes drives us crazy but I think he is going to turn out alright...I hope :P
No comments:
Post a Comment