Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Day Off



Recently I have been pulled in a variety of directions. 
    My schedule with work has been a bit erratic.  I work part-time at my regular job but I've picked up some consulting on the side as well as started the process to possibly get involved in some fantastic research opportunities.

 Today was the first full day I have had off with my kids in a while.

While I am enjoying staying busy and expanding my horizons - I've been missing simply being with my kids.   Pure and simple.


Our day started with the basics - breakfast, getting dressed, packing lunches and getting Ben off to preschool.
Then Austin and I went to his 18 month/final spleen check-up.  His spleen is back to normal and the doctor gave him a clean bill of health.


Insert smiley face.

We spent the afternoon painting with our hands and feet.



The boys made art and a bit of a mess.....but I found that in the messy funny - Austin was learning his colors and Ben was learning to mix and make new ones.


 
I find it amazing the amount of fun that can come from a few bottles of finger paint and some paper plates. 
 
 
Messy fun with a bit of incidental learning is the best.  Austin is now running around pointing at yellow things screaming 'ELLOW - is ELLOW'

Tomorrow it's back to work but at least I'll have some really sweet art to hang at the office.

Happy Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment