Guess who has a shrinking spleen?
This kid.
Cue: Superstar glasses. Rainbow goldfish. And trip to the Museum of Life and Science.
I was practically skipping out of our pediatrician's office this morning. We don't have to go back until April for what will hopefully be our last spleen-related visit.
We spent the afternoon making new friends.
Digging for fossils.
And flying to the moon.
My favorite part of the Museum we visited is the butterfly garden.
When Austin was 5 months old he started having some funny twitching before falling asleep. I didn't think much of it but it became more convulsive in nature and more frequent as time went on. When I brought it up to the pediatrician, I thought I would be met with - 'that's totally normal. nothing to get excited about' speech. But I did not.
Instead we were referred to a pediatric neurologist.
Who I was sure would tell me not to worry.
He ordered an EEG.
Everything turned out fine. Developmental 'blip'. He grew out of it.
But the weekend before the EEG, I took Austin to the butterfly garden. And this happened.
So today when this happened.
I couldn't help but smile.
This little guy is going to be just fine.

love this. just love it.
ReplyDelete