Friday, July 15, 2011

Current Situation

Tonight the boys and I made a discovery in our driveway.  


His name is Johnny the Slug.




And Johnny is awesome.  Mostly because I had the boys alone this evening and he provided a solid half hour of entertainment for both kids. 

 Being a Mother of young children is both exhausting and exhilarating.  I love getting down on the driveway and exploring the sliminess of slugs.  Building forts out of couch cushions.  And sneaking a Popsicle before dinner.

Ben and Austin have taught me that great joy can come from simply slowing down and soaking in the small things.

Like scribbling with chalk

Or doing a simple experiment
Or just a good old fashion bubble bath

And then there is the exhaustion part - the sleep or lack-there-of that comes with being a parent.  Austin has reverted back to his infant sleep schedule.  Up every three hours.
 __________________________________________________________________________

Little Brother is a hot mess.


He isn't sleeping in his crib.  Flat out refuses.  There is an intense power struggle going on between baby and parents.  I'm not going to lie....the baby is winning.  I'm not sure if its another tooth coming in or the beginning of separation anxiety but little brother is going through something and I am hoping it ends shortly. 

Ben has been great.  He'll climb in my lap and snuggle me when Austin is throwing a fit.


We'll get back to our happy place soon.

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just LOVE when something like a snail turns up and provides minutes of entertainment? : ) Such a great post. Beautiful images. I hope your baby starts sleeping well again soon.

    ReplyDelete