My mother is a extraordinary woman. She raised four children. Four.
She celebrated our unique talents and fostered our individual interests. We are her life's work. I feel incredibly fortunate to be my mother's daughter.
Three years ago, shortly after I had become a mother myself....my Mom sat me down and told me she had breast cancer. But not to worry, it was only a sprinkle. Classic Denise.
She went on to tell me her whole treatment plan and how it was going to be fine. Nothing felt fine about my mother and the word cancer being in the same sentence.
Thankfully Mom was right, everything has been fine. But starting last year my family and I began doing this.....
Its my way of honoring my mother and her journey and remembering how blessed I am to still have her not only in my life, but my children's as well.
To you and your sprinkle Mom.
I love you past Jupiter.
No comments:
Post a Comment