When Brannon and I were dating I thought about what our life would be like together. I envisioned the type of husband and father he would be. He has met and exceeded all of my expectations.
Last week Brannon was sick but never missed a day of work. This week I got sick and he took the day off. He studied late every night this week for exams. And when he got home from work on Friday at 5:30, he ran to join in our game of tag.
Between his job and coursework Brannon has been swamped. But when he is with us, he is totally present. And even though we are seeing less and less of Daddy lately with final projects and exams rolling around - he gives us a 110% when he is here.
I know, Superman, right?
____________________________________________________
We have moved into this amazing place. Its this special spot between three and four. Its called three and a half and it is magical.
Ben's imagination is in full gear.
Our van is not just a boring blob on wheels - its 'the blue van' which can speed super fast to fun places and hold bikes and jogging strollers. Sitting in his carseat yesterday, feet propped up - sipping on lemonade....Ben enlightened me 'Mommy - you see where I is sitting? Its a very special place in blue vans. This is the big brother seat. You sit here to help make your babies laugh'
Our van is not just a boring blob on wheels - its 'the blue van' which can speed super fast to fun places and hold bikes and jogging strollers. Sitting in his carseat yesterday, feet propped up - sipping on lemonade....Ben enlightened me 'Mommy - you see where I is sitting? Its a very special place in blue vans. This is the big brother seat. You sit here to help make your babies laugh'
Along with imagination explosion comes exploration.
Today we went exploring in the bathtub. Underwater explorers in a yellow submarine no less.
Today we went exploring in the bathtub. Underwater explorers in a yellow submarine no less.
I love where we are right now. Austin is getting more independent. Ben is growing into this smart witty child. And they are both so happy. Which makes for very happy parents.
I wish I could just freeze them both at this age. We are in a sweet spot and I don't want them to grow up. Anyone have directions to Neverland?
I wish I could just freeze them both at this age. We are in a sweet spot and I don't want them to grow up. Anyone have directions to Neverland?
second star to the left and straight on till morning, baby :)
ReplyDeletexox
Carrie and Mia
Ben was so proud of his face painting...loved it! great post lady!
ReplyDelete